As you get ready for your Easter celebration, there’s no doubt you’re getting a jump start on preparing your home and meals for the holiday. Stuffing candy into eggs and cooking the perfect ham will be keeping you busy. Here are a couple tips to avoid plumbing headaches that you don’t want to deal with on Easter.
- When making your famous Easter eggs and later peeling off egg shells, take care to throw the shells in the trash – not the sink or garbage disposal. Egg shells are hard to break down completely and are not good for your garbage disposal or your drain and could cause a major clog.
- You can get a jump on plumbing problems from the start by cleaning your drains before guests arrive. Pour a cup of baking soda followed by a cup of white vinegar into each drain to make a foam that will eat away buildup inside your drains.
- It is a good idea to keep your strainer in the sink at all times while you’re preparing Easter dinner. Unwanted food and debris have a way of making their way down your drain while you’re rushing around the kitchen. The strainer will help prevent any clogs from happening and will keep you from having to call a plumber.
- Make sure you thoroughly scrape excess food off plates and into the trash before placing them in the sink to be rinsed.
- When cooking, avoid putting fats and other cooking oils down the drain.
- Do you have any babies in the family? If so, encourage the baby’s parents to not flush any flushable baby wipes down the toilet. They might say “flushable” but they will most definitely clog your drain.
We hope these tips help prevent unwanted plumbing headaches! All of us here at Edwardson Plumbing wish you a very Happy Easter ! As always… if you do have plumbing issues you need help with….give us a call (608) 290-9144.
Comments are closed.